Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Kitchen Reno - Part 4: "Rebuilding"

I've started taking fewer pictures at this point. The progress gets much slower, and more boring to watch. Plus I'm busy working on it and forgetting to take pictures as I go.

This is Bill Boulton - the man behind "The Handy Hubby" was contracted to help me with the drywall / plaster wall and ceiling repairs. I say "help" but I really mean "work while I watch and try to learn."

Some of the deeper differentials in the ceiling were filled with 1/2" drywall. I wasn't even aware that they made drywall that thin, but Bill found some, and screwed it in place. Taped the seams, and the mudding fun began.



Since we're not sure exactly whats happening on the "backsplash" area of the walls, we had to concentrate on making it as smooth as physically possible, considering that the fake bricks left holes of various shapes and sizes throughout the entire backsplash area.




Basically, three different phases of mudding were used. Bill is excellent at drywall repair, and is very much a perfectionist. I'd recommend him for any home-repair or renovation job.




Ben Sage, Sales Representative. Re/Max a-b Realty Ltd., Brokerage. 519-536-7535. 521 Dundas St., Woodstock, ON

No comments:

Post a Comment